Sumit has been working with GBI as a Technology Management Executive. He has successfully delivered and been part of various projects such as 'Open Innovation Calls' in decentralized waste management technology, bio-medical waste management, renewable solar energy, Electric vehicles and Battery management systems deployment in India with the SUN Group. He is working on business development, policy studies, business research (primary and secondary, both), gathering market data, sectorial intelligence and technology evaluations in the area of Medtech, Life sciences, Environment and CleanTech innovative technologies. Currently working on to identifying technology innovations for managing biomedical waste for healthcare facilities in India. Drafting reports and benchmarking technologies/solutions which can be deployed in the Indian market considering the Indian government policies, rules and guidelines. Also, studied the feasibility of energy storage solutions in India and how they can be integrated with different renewable energy generation inputs. Working on assessing the potential for micro-grids in India and compiling use case for successful models for deployment of these systems in India and elsewhere, and also working with Indian stakeholders to draft the potential for micro-grid deployment and means for addressing key barriers identified with an aim to eventually developing projects in India.
Technology Management Executive
Nov 2016 - May 2018
Global Business Inroads IBC Pvt Ltd
- Working on business development, policy studies, business research & analysis, and technology evaluations in the area of Medtech, Life sciences, Environment and Clean Tech innovative technologies.
- Liaising effectively with both the public and the private sector in India to identify gaps in technology intervention and capacity building.
- Supported Institutions, SMEs and Startups from around the world in various capacities – idea/market validation, market access, business development, technology indigenization – helping them understand local opportunities and business models based on investments and ROI period.
- Developed ecosystems with both global and regional stakeholders for building capacities and technology deployment.
- To identify potential alliance partners for US Market Access for international biotechnology companies, in order to advance regulatory science and biomedical innovation globally, with Global LifeSci Development Corporation (GLDC, USA).
- Scaling global tech transfer and collaborations by: Partner Identification, Technology Localization and Adaptation, Technology Commercialization.
- Conceptualized and developed physical and virtual platforms for technology collaborations and early market discovery whilst saving time and money for innovative technology companies.
- Development of the “International Clusters of Clusters TM “ online-offline Program for tech access and deployment in new markets with GLDC, Viva White Oak, Maryland, USA.
- Identifying globally, technology innovations in managing biomedical waste for healthcare facilities in India.
- Co-Authored on a business report on the feasibility of energy storage in India and integration with different renewable energy generation modes.
- Co-authored a report on “The current state of medtech industry in India and opportunities for Swiss startups and SMEs”.
- Assessing the potential for micro-grids in India, compile case studies of successful models for deployment of these systems in India and elsewhere, and work with Indian stakeholders to develop a summary of the potential for micro-grid deployment and means for addressing key barriers identified with an aim to eventually develop projects in India.
- Profound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods for innovative technology & business assessment, international business relationship and public policies.
Business Development Executive | Conference Producer
Mar 2016 - Oct 2016
- Conference Producer and Business development for International scientific conferences.
- Sponsorship selling, B2B marketing activity and managing exhibitions.
- Business sector: Scientific Conferences, Exhibition and Paper Publishing
Sep 2015 - Feb 2016
Charles River Laboratory
- Product use - training and consulting for Endotoxin test and microbial DNA sequencing as per government norms, for all type of parenteral drugs in Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage manufacturing.
- Business or sector Biotechnology, Food and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & Packaging.
Jun 2014 - Aug 2015
- Organising International conferences, exhibitions, workshops, symposiums and organizing research oriented talks.
- Strengthened company's business by successfully completing conferences, B2B/B2C events, workshops and symposiums.
- Training and mentoring new employees in the company.
- Developed a market report and comparison tables by researching venues, contacts and suppliers to maximize the revenue.
- Ensure highly productive as well as mutually beneficial relationship and partnership with sponsors, exhibitors and participants of the conference.
Bachelor's & Master's Of Technology | Biotechnology
Aug 2009 - May 2014
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, India