Motivated BUYER (Supply Chain Management) with over 6 years of experience in Procurement management in the EMS(Electronic Manufacturing Services) & HEMM (Heavy Earth Moving Machines) Industries. Offers an in-depth understanding of Process and Process development methodologies.
Comprehensive understanding of Procure to Pay process, MRP & Procurement terms
Ability to categorize commodities thereby providing opportunities for supply, cost and Logistics optimization
Have required understanding of SAP & BAAN ERP’s in MM modules and experience in MS Office applications to ease daily activities and reporting
Nov 2016 - Sep 2019
Flex India Technologies
- Experience in procurement of electronics raw materials, spare items, plastics, MRO items, engineering and consumable items.
- Controlling the purchase and supply of all procured items & services.
- Acting as Back up Team Lead for KPI reports and handling work allocation.
- Negotiating price and terms of products with suppliers.
- Managing, developing & improving the purchasing team.
- Preparing & processing requisitions, purchase orders & invoices for purchases.
- Maintaining records of supplier contracts, agreements, goods ordered received.
- Managing vendor relationships and building effective supply chain partnerships.
- Improved sourcing options with internal resources to add strategic suppliers to Approved vendor list.
- Monitor, track and provide feedback on supplier's performance on overall cost, delivery and quality.
- Training New Employees in the process.
- Co-ordinating with Business development team and Customers for Target setting.
- Communicate company's expectation to the suppliers and conduct regular supplier audit/visits to develop and continuously improve supplier base.
- Developed new process for employee evaluation which resulted in marked performance improvements.
- Worked directly with customer to achieve the sales target
Dec 2014 - Nov 2016
Samsung India Electronics Pvt Ltd
- Purchase of mechanical parts viz. Motors, Compressor for the home appliances as per the MRP plan.
- Purchase of Sheet metal & Die casting parts for the home appliances that we are manufacturing as per the production plan.
- Periodic vendor audit to ensure the proper work flow to meet our requirement
- Work along with MOLD team to check the possibility of reducing cycle time to get the product out in less time ensuring maximum output.
- Continuous follow up to get the quality parts at the right time for the right quantity with the right suppliers.
- Went to South Korea for special training in SCM (Supply Chain Management) through Samsung India electronics Pvt Ltd.
- Evaluating vendors on timely basis in terms of price, quality, timely delivery and submit reports to the Top management.
- Timely clearance of payments & handling vendor inquiries.
- Educating vendors about the company requirements and our terms and conditions and help them in improving their performance.
- Follow-up & co-ordination for shipments with Logistics & freight forwarders for import shipments & local vendors for JIT materials.
- Quota based PO, PR, Return PO, SES (Service entry sheet) creation in ERP
- Resolve supplier payment issues by fallow up with finance.
Nov 2012 - Sep 2014
Dozco (India) Pvt Ltd
- Implemented a proper Location system in our warehouse to identify the materials easily which helped to reduce the misplacing of materials. Also trained our branch peoples about implementing the same in their respective branches.
- Optimized proper purchase process as per system & satisfied both Customer & Supplier.
- Liquidated most of the heavy items costing about lakhs which were kept in our warehouse for more than 5 years by taking a project by comparing the old items with matching one with the help of technical department and reduced the inventory cost.
- Systematized all Process and made all documentation in a proper manner to make process easy understandable.
- Analyzed Logistics systems and registered two cheap and best Transports to reduce the transportation cost.
- Got training in SAP in Material management module from the corporate office located in Vishakhapatnam and trained many employees of Chennai & Cochin branch employees.
May 2008 - May 2012
Adhiparasakthi Engineering College