V9 Consulting Services Inc. dba V9 Consulting is looking for a Splunk Development Analyst/Java Developer who will be responsible for business requirements analysis and producing detailed design specifications.
Description: As a Developer-Java/Splunk you will be required to develop and test software to support the implementation of business solutions to meet business requirements. You will also be responsible for providing customer consulting on the portfolio of supported systems. Our company’s client currently is seeking to optimize operations in its enterprise planning team by hiring a developer. The successful applicant will have a passion for teamwork and collaboration in business, as well as the experience with teamwork. You should be knowledgeable about both engaging team members and leveraging technology to further benefit business processes.
Job title: Java/Splunk Developer
Job type: Full time, Permanent and indeterminate (35-40 hours/ week.)
Job Location: 222-8028, 128 Street, Surrey, BC, Canada V3W 4E9
Wages: $68,000 - $70,000 per annum
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Positions Available: 01
As Scrum master you will
- Developing applications (software, procedures, etc.) including writing, integration and resting for new solutions from Solution Assessment to final implementation following the current SDLC standards.
- Performing Detailed Data and System Analysis based on Project/business requirements.
- Revising and developing applications for enhancement and maintenance projects. Design, code, test and debug all software and procedures.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of users requirements
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
- Creating all required system documentation for new and revised programs, environments and data structures.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions. Participate in reviews (design, code, etc.), Provide Tier 3 support/maintenance to production systems, as required
- Training Operations and customers on new or revised applications, systems, environment setup or procedures as they relate to implementing and operating the Solution.
- Developing setup, plan and refining project environments required for development and testing by working with Environment Analysts, Technology Infrastructure Analysts and Operations.
- Maintaining knowledge of current industry trends and new technologies.
- Integrate technology into employee workflows to increase the speed and accuracy of changes to improve the results of these work processes, emphasizing continuous improvement.
- Complete monthly status reports and present to upper management.
- Escalate issues in the implementation of Agile methodologies to expedite process correction, creating strategies that resonate with the culture of the organization.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or (Science, technology, engineering, math) field.
- A minimum of two plus years of work experience in IT which include work experience in IT demonstrating technical proficiency in continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements, and analysis
- At least two years of experience with exercising Agile methodology
- At least two years of experience with exercising Web Development technology and tools
- Strong experience in integrating legacy systems using web services
- Expertise in Java, with excellent knowledge of its ecosystems
- Strong experience creating SOAP-based web services (JSON, REST, HTTP)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Experience with Splunk developer tools is required
- Experience with Glassfish application server
- Experience with SOUPUI web service testing tool
- Experience with Enterprise JavaBeans 3
- Experience with XML based technology
- Strong understanding of the full development life cycle
- Strong knowledge of Scrum, Agile and Lean methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered